Thursday, December 10, 2009

Artistic Statement

For my portfolio you will find and see that some of my pictures are not very nice and they look a little weird. Though this is the first time that I get into a class for art and this is the first time that I get graded for my pictures. You will see that some of my pictures are creative and crazy although some aren’t. I feel that my portfolio is a little weak and I could have been a little more creative to have better pictures and I should have put some more effort for some of these pictures. That in a way it is hard for me because this is the first time that I start to use a professional camera and that I get into Photoshop.

I have learned so many things over the past semester and they are being very useful now that we do these other projects. I have learned things off of Photoshop and the digital camera. Like the different kinds of compositional tricks with these tricks it makes your pictures a little more unique and different from the other pictures. I have learned in Photoshop that you can cut something out and you can change the way that you look to make yourself look a little better and make your picture even better than what it looks like.

I think that I was most successful with the project of personal words. I think that was the only project that came out how it was supposed to. It was even easier because I already had an idea of what it was going to look like although I didn’t think that it was going to look so nice. I thought that the personal words project was easy and exciting. I really struggled with the compositional trick simplicity. I thought that it had to be just a boring picture. It was hard for me to find a simple background and I just was a little confused and didn’t know what to do.

I need a little improvement on having ideas and knowing what I am going to do because without that I will be confused and the projects won’t come out right. I could also have a little of improvements on Photoshop because I still get a little bite of struggles on that. I have seen improvements in me taking pictures. Some of my pictures look a little weird although actually they end up looking nice or a little better than how I had started. Like if I take all the pictures that were when I had started then the pictures would look better and you could see the difference. I love this class because it has given a better idea on what is beauty and what is art and the way that I see the world.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

I really like your personal words as well. Good composition. I can see both your compositional skills improving as well as the depth of your ideas. Keep pushing yourself in both of these areas, and next semester should yield some pretty great projects!